Drug Rehab Illinois
Substance abuse in Illinois can be averted through education and early intervention, but when it is obvious that a person isn't going to be able to put an end to a drug or alcohol habit on their own, there is quality drug rehab available to them in the state. So whether you are looking into a drug rehab program in Illinois for yourself or someone who know, it is important to understand the various options available in the state so that you can make the right choice. For example, there are outpatient and inpatient treatment facilities and there are also residential facilities. You will also have a choice between a short-term and long-term program, so there are important choices to make, all of which will affect the overall outcome.
Drug rehab can sometimes be a revolving door for people, who may choose an option that is more convenient or brief as opposed to comprehensive and effective. There are a lot of programs in Illinois for example which help individuals get off of drugs, but that's about it. For example there are programs which help individuals detox from opioids using medical drugs for example, but in most cases an individual doesn't receive any further treatment and relapse rates are very high under such circumstances. This is also the case with programs which are set up as more of a maintenance program for clients who take medical drugs on a daily basis to prevent cravings and withdrawal symptoms. These programs in Illinois are seemingly helpful when a person has recently abstained from drugs, opiates in particular, but it is just another habit they will have to maintain on a daily basis.
So for anyone who wants a truly drug free life, the best programs in Illinois will be those which provide a comprehensive approach to treatment. This means the program chosen will not only help individuals address the physical challenges they will experience when recently abstaining from drugs and/or alcohol, but more importantly will help them determine what they need to do to stay off of drugs in the future. This is something which can be approached in a number of ways, with some programs being more successful than others in achieving this goal. There are traditional programs which provide individual and group counseling and encourage a continuous recovery process because addiction is being diagnosed as a disease. However there are also alternative programs which provide an alternative approach that can provide the types of definitive outcomes that put an end to one's struggles with substance abuse once and for all.
This is good news for Illinois residents, who may have thought that 12-step and disease model programs were the only solutions offered. This is particularly good news for treatment clients in Illinois who haven't had success with traditional programs, and would like to try a more proactive approach. So individuals looking for effective treatment options and their loved ones who may be looking for quality drug rehab in Illinois don't have to limit their options to standard programs, because there are a number of alternative programs in the state which have been proven to provide even higher success rates and better outcomes for clients.
A good example of alternative drug rehabs in Illinois is programs which provide a holistic approach. Because so many traditional programs and even modern programs have turned to medical drugs as a solution to addiction, holistic programs offer a much healthier and proactive solution because they provide completely drug free services. This can give individuals the ability to live a completely drug free life once treatment is complete, which isn't even idealized on most other programs who promote use of medical drugs to treat addiction because it is a "disease". In holistic programs in Illinois, clients are encouraged to take part in a healing process that addresses body, mind and spirit, so that they can make the important internal and external changes in their lives that will foster a drug free, healthy, productive and happy life.
Holistic and other alternative programs in Illinois often utilize behavioral therapy and life skills training as well, to help individuals change the way they look at situations in their lives and how to better deal with people and problems. This aspect of treatment also helps clients determine what people and things in their lives cause stress and anxiety, and how to avoid these issues so that there isn't a need to self medicate with drugs and alcohol. In many instances clients in drug rehab in Illinois will need to make crucial lifestyle changes, and even eliminate people from their lives, so that when they return home everything is set up for them to succeed. These changes are often very difficult to make, but are obvious when individuals are in a treatment environment where they can see clearly how negative influences affected their lives and likely triggered their substance abuse.
Individuals may be under the impression that they can't afford a quality drug rehab in Illinois, but in many cases there are solutions that can be worked out with the help of professional treatment counselors in the state. There are options available for individuals who have private health insurance, and there are payment assistance options available from the drug rehab. Once example of this would be a sliding fee scale, which means that someone who may be struggling financially may not need to pay for the full amount of treatment, but a lesser amount based off of their particular circumstances. So no one should be discouraged about the cost of treatment, the main consideration should always be is this the best drug rehab program for myself or someone I care about. The rest will fall into place.
So speak with a professional drug treatment counselor at a drug rehab in Illinois today, to get all of your questions answered and determine what the best course of action to take is. The sooner someone makes it to rehab in Illinois, the sooner they can get back to a productive life.
Illinois Drug Statistics
1. Chicago, Illinois is the main transportation center and distribution center for illicit drugs throughout the Midwest, because of its geographic location and multi-faceted transportation infrastructure.
2. Chicago based street gangs control the distribution and retail sale of Marijuana, Heroin, and Cocaine.
3. According to the annual survey done by the National Survey on Drug Use and Health, in 2002 and 2003, there was an estimate of 106,000 adolescents, in the ages 18-25 with an illicit drug abuse or addiction in Illinois.
4. Heroin/Karachi was the second leading drug of choice in 2005 with 45,344 treatments episodes in Illinois.
5. The number of Meth lab raids incidents in Illinois increased 9%, from 364 incidents in 2007 to 395 incidents in 2009.
6. In 2005, more Heroin related outpatient admissions were provided by The Division of Alcoholism and Substance Abuse (DASA) than any other Heroin related service (41 percent) in Illinois.
- Individuals who use PCP are commonly brought to emergency rooms because of overdose or because of the drug's severe psychological effects.
- Because cocaine is a short-acting stimulant, individuals tend to binge on the drug and take it repeatedly in a single session which is why cocaine is so addictive.
- PCP's highs vary, and while one PCP episode may produce feelings of detachment from reality, including distortions of space, time, and body image, another may produce hallucinations, panic, and fear.
- Escalated beer prices have been associated with a lower frequency of beer consumption among youth, a difference that was more pronounced for heavier consumers than for lighter consumers.